1A person who makes a new track through wild country.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- He embarks on the four-day drive from Massachusetts to Cheyenne as if to emulate the trailblazers of the frontier.
- In the inner canyon George became an explorer, a trailblazer, a survivor.
- He cites the government-commissioned exploits of Columbus and Drake as imperative trailblazers prior to the opening of commercial traffic, but it is here that the analogy falls apart.
1.1A person who is the first to do something; an innovator: he was a trailblazer for many ideas that are now standard fare
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Diane is also a bit of a trailblazer and innovator.
- The school, which has been a trailblazer in organising such horse shows, continues to encourage innovative activities that help build a strong individual.
- We've been trailblazers before, and we're going to break new ground again.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Silent film has become all but invisible, wiped clean from the collective memory by sheer neglect, and yet it is a world of giants, trailblazing pioneers and hidden delights.
- But a genuine trailblazing device would be a way of preserving - and widening - the paths that our lives have carved through information space.
- Researchers, schoolchildren and tourists are among those flocking to see the site, which Livingstone used as his base for his anti-slavery campaigns and trailblazing expeditions.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: trail|blazer
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda