- 1An instance of buying or selling something: in an ordinary commercial transaction a delivery date is essentialMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The figures show a similar trend to those for the whole of the UK, with more buy transactions than sell transactions over the course of last year.
- Whereas equities and bonds are easy to buy and sell, property transactions are more complicated, more costly and consequently less frequent.
- I was fortunate to witness several great items that were sold in private transactions.
- 1.1 [mass noun] The action of conducting business: the transaction of government businessMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The Council shall adopt rules and procedures for the conduct and transaction of its business at its meetings.
- The transaction of public affairs was impeded by repeated efforts to usurp pairing the security of property in slaves, and reducing those States which held slaves to a condition of inferiority.
- A short business session was held for the transaction of routine matters.
- 1.2An exchange or interaction between people: intellectual transactions in the classroomMás ejemplos en oraciones
- To get to the bottom of the issue, we should note that economics is little more than the study of human interactions or transactions.
- In our normal transactions and interactions with others, our ego seems to play a major role in determining how we treat them.
- Arrangements are defined to include transactions, agreements, understandings, promises or undertakings.
- 2 (transactions) Published reports of proceedings at the meetings of a learned society.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In 1938, Mott and Littleton published a seminal paper in Transactions of the Faraday Society on the calculation of defect energies in NaCl.
- These transactions are available for online access (papers are placed on the web once they are accepted), and also released as hardcopy once per year.
- The Western Section of The Wildlife Society is pleased to announce the online availability of all papers published in the ‘Transactions of the Western Section of The Wildlife Society’.
- 3An input message to a computer system dealt with as a single unit of work: [as modifier]: transaction processingMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The standard relational database offers transaction processing and XML to relate tables to each other.
- The legacy transaction processing systems may not yet be adequate for those purposes.
- Database and transaction processing systems are often implemented on RAID systems.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I think our relationship with them is totally transactional.
- The earlier conversation was about fairness; now she had shifted 180 degrees to transactional rights.
- Other economic indicators are interpreted in a framework that assumes transactional actors as rational decision-makers.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Knowledge constructed transactionally (among teachers and peers) is more sophisticated than knowledge a student might construct on his or her own.
- Will customers who are transactionally motivated be receptive to a full-service strategy?
- There is simply a series of debits and credits which are causally and transactionally linked.
late Middle English (as a term in Roman Law): from late Latin transactio(n-), from transigere 'drive through' (see transact).