Definición de transgress en inglés:
1Go beyond the limits of (what is morally, socially, or legally acceptable): she had transgressed an unwritten social law
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- In each case the rejected form is taken to embody that which is beyond the bounds or transgresses the limits of, variously, decency, acceptability, or good taste.
- Their opposition is driven by a pessimistic sense that agbio is the latest example of how modern society has transgressed natural limits.
- Does the text in some way transgress these limits?
misbehave, behave badly, break the law, err, lapse, commit an offence, fall from grace, stray from the straight and narrow, sin, degenerate, do wrong, go astray
informalslip up, be out of order
2 Geology (Of the sea) spread over (an area of land): each continent has been transgressed by continental seas
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- High peat cliffs on the coasts of New Brunswick and Prince Edward Island are clear examples of coastal wetland loss by transgressing sea levels.
- At some point during the lower Devonian, the sea began to transgress again, and this continued through the deposition of the Port Ewen formation.
- As the sea level rose in the early to middle Holocene, dunes on the low-gradient shelf were transgressed and provided the core for the modern offshore sandy shoals.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Ultimately, we need to have a zero tolerance policy and if that means the police pressing charges against any transgressors, then so be it.
- The establishment of an Anti-Corruption Commission will help reveal and expose corruption and hopefully result in prosecution of transgressors, but it will not tackle the problem at its origin.
- This virus is forcing all of us to look at the way we construct our respective social boundaries, and how we sentence (without trial) those perceived as transgressors.
Palabras que riman con transgressacquiesce, address, assess, Bess, bless, bouillabaisse, caress, cess, chess, coalesce, compress, confess, convalesce, cress, deliquesce, digress, dress, duchesse, duress, effervesce, effloresce, evanesce, excess, express, fess, finesse, fluoresce, guess, Hesse, impress, incandesce, intumesce, jess, largesse, less, manageress, mess, ness, noblesse, obsess, oppress, outguess, phosphoresce, politesse, possess, press, priestess, princess, process, profess, progress, prophetess, regress, retrogress, stress, success, suppress, tendresse, top-dress, tress, tristesse, underdress, vicomtesse, yes
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda