Definición de transhumance en inglés:
The action or practice of moving livestock from one grazing ground to another in a seasonal cycle, typically to lowlands in winter and highlands in summer.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The Neolithic peoples began to send their flocks and herds to feed in the lush upland pastures in summer, bringing them down again when winter closed in, a practice known as transhumance.
- Briefly, dispossession affected only pastoralists that practiced transhumance.
- The first of a great summer transhumance, they all wore ak-kalpaks or traditional white felt hats, padded coats and knee-length leather boots.
- 1transhumant adjetivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Historically, its people engaged predominantly in animal husbandry, especially transhumant nomadism with herds of sheep, cattle, and goats.
- Nomadic and transhumant pastoralists use mobility to manage uncertainty and risk (such as drought, diseases, raids, insect vectors).
- The previous winter, the snows on the heights of the Alborz mountains had been poor, and there was little snow melt water to irrigate the high pastures of the Kurdish transhumant tribes.
Early 20th century: from French, from the verb transhumer, based on Latin trans- 'across' + humus 'ground'.
Definición de transhumance en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda