- 1Relating to or characteristic of a process or period of transition: a transitional government was appointedMás ejemplos en oraciones
- A year into the job and still stuck in what he terms a transitional period, he is hamstrung by the need to offload several players before he can add to the squad.
- The Government has put up cash for a two-year transitional period which will be overseen by the Forestry Commission.
- The transitional period, as one regime merges awkwardly into another, has not been without its impact on the players.
- 1.1 (Transitional) Architecture Of or denoting the last stage of Romanesque style, in which Gothic elements begin to appear.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The new cathedral incorporated the transitional Gothic facade and the south tower, both survivors of the fire.
- The Gothic stylistic elements that mark it as a transitional structure can best be seen in the chancel and the ambulatory with its famous stained-glass windows.
- On top of the hill four sharp spires rise from the Transitional Gothic cathedral.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- As coccolith content increases the calcareous mudstone passes transitionally to a coccolith limestone.
- It's better to transitionally regulate Muslim schools in the state sector than have private faith schools over which there is no state control and supervision.
- If anything, I carry my atheism more happily for having arrived at it by a transitionally religious route.