- An orchestral instrument for which parts are written in a different key from that in which they sound, e.g. the clarinet and many brass instruments.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most transposing instruments sound lower than the notated pitch.
- The lower oboes are treated as transposing instruments, their parts written to be fingered like treble oboe parts.
- I give students many different opportunities to read single-line transposing instruments before presenting them with full band or orchestral scores.
Más definiciones de transposing instrumentDefinición de transposing instrument en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.