Definición de treacle en inglés:
1British A thick, sticky dark syrup made from partly refined sugar; molasses.
- An innovation confined mainly to Britain was treacle or molasses from sugar cane.
- Mix together the egg, 125g muscovado sugar, treacle, buttermilk and remaining butter until smooth.
- Well, a rum baba and a treacle tart were atypically heavy.
2Cloying sentimentality or flattery: enough of this treacle—let’s get back to business
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All this loss - of innocence, of dearly loved creatures - and yet, there is not a word of sentimentality or taste of treacle.
- In such a time, his greatest mistake is not sweetening his logic with sentimental treacle.
- Without any sentimental treacle, I cried all the way through.
Definición de treacle en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan