sustantivo[mass noun] Chemistry
- A sugar of the disaccharide class produced by some fungi, yeasts, and similar organisms.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Among them, the most effective in preserving a more native-like structure are the disaccharides sucrose and trehalose in dry films and the polymer dextran in wet films.
- Remarkably, this ability appears to stem from a small number of common mechanisms involving accumulation of two disaccharides, trehalose and sucrose.
- Over the past three decades we and others have established that disaccharides such as trehalose and sucrose are almost certainly involved in stabilizing the dry cells.
mid 19th century: from trehala (from Turkish, denoting a sweet substance derived from insect cocoons) + -ose2.
Más definiciones de trehaloseDefinición de trehalose en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.