Definición de trembler en inglés:
2A songbird related to the thrashers, found in the Lesser Antilles and named from its habit of violent shaking.
- Genera Cinclocerthia and Ramphocinclus, family Mimidae: three species
- In the second stage of our study we increased our taxon and nucleotide sampling to assess the likelihood that Lesser Antillean tremblers and thrashers represented a monophyletic lineage.
- The two-cluster test did not uncover significant rate variation between a cluster composed of catbirds and Antillean thrashers and tremblers, and a second cluster including Melanotis and Mimus species.
- One of these lineages includes the three species of Mimus, the second is formed by Melanotis caerulescens, and the third comprises the catbirds and Antillean thrashers and tremblers.
3 informal An earthquake.
- The professor says he can predict earthquakes by tracking tremblers and looking at historical data.
- Today's trembler was the third significant quake to hit California since Sunday.
- The epicenter of the Nov. 3 trembler was about 75 miles north of Anchorage, causing multiple landslides and road closures, but minimal damage and amazingly few injuries and no deaths.
Definición de trembler en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary