A hole saw used in surgery to remove a circle of tissue or bone.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- The bone marrow aspirate was similar to the trephine, with 15% of blasts showing monocytoid differentiation together with an absolute monocytosis and mild dyserythropoiesis.
- An instrument that acts like a cookie cutter, called a trephine, cuts a precise circular shape.
- In 2 cases, a bone marrow trephine biopsy was also available for examination.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- However - remarkably and inexplicably - the earliest major surgery of which we have undoubted evidence is trephination of the skull, which dates back to at least 5000 BC in the Stone Age period.
- He excelled in both, as a professor of surgery at the Bicetre in Paris and as a noted anthropologist dealing with a plethora of subjects, including the Cro-Magnon man and Neolithic trephination.
- Reports of trepanation (or trephination) have been spotty throughout history, but there is little doubt of its existence dating back to Neolithic times.
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: tre|phine
Definición de trephine en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda