- A hole saw used in surgery to remove a circle of tissue or bone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The bone marrow aspirate was similar to the trephine, with 15% of blasts showing monocytoid differentiation together with an absolute monocytosis and mild dyserythropoiesis.
- An instrument that acts like a cookie cutter, called a trephine, cuts a precise circular shape.
- In 2 cases, a bone marrow trephine biopsy was also available for examination.
verbo[with object] Volver al principio
- Operate on with a trephine.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The invention relates to a method and apparatus for trephining corneal tissue in preparation for keratoplasty.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- However - remarkably and inexplicably - the earliest major surgery of which we have undoubted evidence is trephination of the skull, which dates back to at least 5000 BC in the Stone Age period.
- He excelled in both, as a professor of surgery at the Bicetre in Paris and as a noted anthropologist dealing with a plethora of subjects, including the Cro-Magnon man and Neolithic trephination.
- Reports of trepanation (or trephination) have been spotty throughout history, but there is little doubt of its existence dating back to Neolithic times.
early 17th century: from Latin tres fines 'three ends', apparently influenced by trepan.
Más definiciones de trephineDefinición de trephine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.