- 1Trousers.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- See, he wears a leather trews and a trenchcoat and glowers meaningfully!
- She also sells pointed boots, tight black trews, crinolines, and hooped corsets (which use steel rather than whalebone) along with jewellery and accessories hinting at pagan and alternative sub-cultures
- His usual high leather boots and baggy pleated trews had got soaked and muddy yesterday, he explained, and now they were drying off by the stove at home.
- 1.1Close-fitting tartan trousers worn by certain Scottish regiments.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Tartan trews were introduced for the Scottish Lowland regiments.
- The three Lowland infantry regiments, whose members have traditionally worn tartan trews for centuries, will be forced to wear kilts when the government's planned new Scottish ‘super-regiment’ is formed next year.
- I intend that the Hunting Stewart tartan trews worn by the Royal Scots will become standard mess dress for all the ship's officers.
mid 16th century: from Irish triús, Scottish Gaelic triubhas (singular); compare with trousers.
Más definiciones de trewsDefinición de trews en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.