- The emission of light from a substance caused by rubbing, scratching, or similar frictional contact.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Even today we have a limited understanding of triboluminescence and much remains to be discovered.
- The English scholar Francis Bacon observed triboluminescence as he chopped blocks of cane sugar at night in 1605.
- When the crystals are pressed or scraped with a rod, the bright green flashes of the triboluminescence will be observed.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- It occurred to me, however, that triboluminescent materials, which emit light only when fractured, could offer a better approach.
- Some scientists believe that crystal structure and impurities are central to whether a material becomes triboluminescent.
- One reference states that research is underway to apply triboluminescent flashes to sense automobile crashes and inflate air bags.
Más definiciones de triboluminescenceDefinición de triboluminescence en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.