- Large crowds were present both days to pay their final tributes and respects to Mick O'Brien.
- Replying, John thanked all for the good wishes, the tributes and the gifts.
- Many travelled long distances to join in the tributes and pay their respects.
- Ellen raised a very large family and it is a tribute to her qualities as a great family woman that all of them have gone on to do well for themselves.
- Mr Oakley said it was a tribute to the safety features built into the car that Mr McNeil was freed with only minor injuries.
- It is a tribute to the quality of his unwavering line that neither has become half as hackneyed as it should have done.
- Popular Abba tribute band Bjorn Again will be topping the bill at this year's North Wiltshire Festival 2004.
- That's what I was doing last night with some other musos, preparing for a Syd Barrett tribute night this weekend.
- Because I think benefit / tribute albums are really terrible, usually.
- Provinces won in war could later be milked of tribute to enrich the Roman state and its rulers and to buy off any risk of discontent at home.
- Aztec musicians enjoyed high social prestige and exemption from tribute payments.
- It was a hallmark of free populations not to pay tribute, fees or taxes of this sort.
- During 1867 Singleton employed a few miners on tribute working in an open cut.
- One of the first changes introduced by Vivian was to put some of the underground miners on tribute.
- The miner immediately receives his tribute or percentage for which he agreed to work.
Late Middle English (in sense 2): from Latin tributum, neuter past participle (used as a noun) of tribuere 'assign' (originally 'divide between tribes'), from tribus 'tribe'.
Palabras que riman con tributeattribute, contribute
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: trib|ute
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.