sustantivoZoology & Medicine
A parasitic protozoan with four to six flagella and an undulating membrane, infesting the urogenital or digestive system.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The absence of functional mitochondria in protists such as trichomonads suggests that they diverged from other eukaryotes prior to the alpha-proteobacterial symbiosis that led to mitochondria.
- The mobile clinic's microscope is not state-of-the-art, but it was clear enough to see the hyperactive flagellated trichomonads scurrying around the field.
- However, published data for hydrogenosomes in trichomonads, ciliates, and chytrid fungi are consistent with them sharing common ancestry with mitochondria.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The incidence of trichomonal vaginitis is decreasing in most industrialized countries.
- We analyzed the 850 patients with gonococcal, ureaplasmal, chlamydial, trichomonal, and mixed urethritis.
- The traditional method of diagnosing trichomonal infections is a wet mount microscopic examination of vaginal secretions in saline.
Definición de trichomonad en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.