Definición de triclinium en inglés:
sustantivo (plural triclinia /-nɪə/)
1A dining table with couches along three sides, used in ancient Rome.
- You can see how a triclinium was used to entertain in another fresco, the symposium scene from the Casa dei Casti Amanti in Pompeii.
- Round the perimeter of the room is usually a continuous bench seat (a very distant relation of the Mediterranean triclinium?) which, like the walls and floor, is covered with patterned ornamental fabrics and cushions.
- Clytemnestra led Miri to a place at the head of the triclinium removed from Germanicus and Agrippina, but she noted, several heads above some very important people from the city.
1.1A room containing a triclinium.
- From the villa rustica known as the Villa Carmiano are three frescoed walls from the triclinium, the sitting room, in which three couches in a U shape typically faced a view, in the case of Stabiae, of the Bay of Naples.
- Typical larger Roman houses had a special dining room, the triclinium.
- The ante-room to the triclinium had a fine mosaic floor of which three panels survive, showing the seasons spring, summer, and winter.
Definición de triclinium en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary