Definición de trifecta en inglés:
sustantivoNorth American & Australian /NZ
1A bet in which the person betting forecasts the first three finishers in a race in the correct order.
- Too often, exactas, trifectas, and superfectas are influenced by jockeys who can't win the race and decide to stop riding in the final few strides.
- Vertical and horizontal wagers such as trifectas, superfectas, pick threes, and pick fours should be in $1 pay-offs.
- Professionals don't completely eschew the standard win and place bet, but their focus is overwhelmingly on the exotic bets, especially trifectas.
1.1 [in singular] A run of three wins or grand events: he will attempt a trifecta of the long jump, triple jump, and 110-meter high hurdles
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- And that should make the Pats' pursuit of the ultimate trifecta - three straight Super Bowl victories - one of pro football's best story lines ever this coming season.
- I don't think anyone predicted a Greece-Germany-France trifecta.
- The Sixers grabbed the lead for the first time just seconds earlier on a rare trifecta by a wide-open Eric Snow.
Definición de trifecta en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia