1A particular circumstance which causes an event: the army’s refusal to withdraw from the territory was the trigger point for military action
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is up for debate, but one thing seems clear: the language used to describe the event is certainly a trigger point for controversy.
- One of the problems with the current hours is that people all tend to leave pubs at the same time and this can be a trigger point for fighting and unruly behaviour.
- And this was always the area, I think, where they were going to come, again, because it is such a trigger point, the environment.
2 Physiology & Medicine A sensitive area of the body, stimulation or irritation of which causes a specific effect in another part, especially a tender area in a muscle which causes generalized musculoskeletal pain when overstimulated.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- If your pain is mostly in one particular spot, such as a joint or a trigger point in a specific muscle, your doctor may suggest injecting medication right into the site of your pain.
- Palpation of the trigger point will elicit pain directly over the affected area and/or cause radiation of pain toward a zone of reference and a local twitch response.
- Such injections can be used to treat a tender trigger point in a surgical scar (a presumed neuroma).
Definición de trigger point en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda