Definición de trigger point en inglés:
1A particular circumstance which causes an event: the army’s refusal to withdraw from the territory was the trigger point for military action
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- This is up for debate, but one thing seems clear: the language used to describe the event is certainly a trigger point for controversy.
- One of the problems with the current hours is that people all tend to leave pubs at the same time and this can be a trigger point for fighting and unruly behaviour.
- And this was always the area, I think, where they were going to come, again, because it is such a trigger point, the environment.
2 Physiology & Medicine A sensitive area of the body, stimulation or irritation of which causes a specific effect in another part, especially a tender area in a muscle which causes generalized musculoskeletal pain when overstimulated.
- If your pain is mostly in one particular spot, such as a joint or a trigger point in a specific muscle, your doctor may suggest injecting medication right into the site of your pain.
- Palpation of the trigger point will elicit pain directly over the affected area and/or cause radiation of pain toward a zone of reference and a local twitch response.
- Such injections can be used to treat a tender trigger point in a surgical scar (a presumed neuroma).
Definición de trigger point en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan