- 1Triangular: square or trigonal double-sided insertsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Its morphology is either hexagonal or trigonal.
- The trigonal planar arrangement of the groups around the carbonyl carbon atom enables the carbon atom to be relatively open to attack from above, or below.
- Rhodochrosite crystallizes in the trigonal class of the hexagonal system and occurs in a number of diverse forms.
- 1.1chiefly Biology Triangular in cross section: large trigonal shellsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The triangular habit suggested trigonal symmetry and a possible identification as hilairite or a contact-twinned form of gaidonnayite.
- The auricles in early ontogeny are relatively large and distinctly trigonal, with their free margins meeting the hinge line at acute angles.
- At the same time, however, it has been reported that the zeta line is constructed to position a thick filament at the trigonal point of the three thin filaments in the opposite sarcomere.
- 1.2Of or denoting a crystal system or three-dimensional geometrical arrangement having three equal axes separated by equal angles that are not right angles.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- These are, in order of decreasing symmetry, the cubic, hexagonal, tetragonal, trigonal, orthorhombic, monoclinic, and triclinic systems.
- Hexagonal crystals (such as aquamarine and emerald) are useful in defining our goals and successes, whilst trigonal crystal systems (ie tourmaline and amethyst) help us to focus on simplicity.
- Simple binuclear and trinuclear complexes form linear and trigonal arrangements but a tetranuclear complex can occur as a tetrahedron or a cubane structure.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The alkene carbon-carbon double bond is made from two sp trigonally hybridized carbons.
- This implies that the triad axes exist in the centers of the rings, and hence they are distorted trigonally as in the hexagonal SrAl2O4.
- The structure of the unit is a trigonally planar one in RTP.
late 16th century: from medieval Latin trigonalis, from Latin trigonum (see trigon).
Más definiciones de trigonalDefinición de trigonal en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.