Definición de trilby en inglés:
sustantivo (plural trilbies)chiefly British
A soft felt hat with a narrow brim and indented crown.
- He then set up the flip chart in the corner of the room, and took a tweed trilby from the hat stand and arranged it jauntily on his head.
- Very few of them, no matter how poor, are bareheaded: the men wear flat caps, bowlers, straw boaters, trilbies, toppers, the women shawls or floral hats.
- The man on the doorstep had a camera dangling round his neck and was wearing a soft trilby hat - the kind that George Raft used to wear.
late 19th century: from the name of the heroine in G. du Maurier's novel Trilby (1894), in the stage version of which such a hat was worn.
- Example sentences
- Barry McGovern and Garrett Keogh as the trilbied chorus are suitably grave observers finally concluding that ‘wise conduct is the key to happiness’.
- I pointed out a cluster of trilbied men in greatcoats lurking by the salad shelves.
- So, just having got some cash from a high-street sidewalk hole-in-the-wall, I accosted the next customer, a man of about 40, trilbied and rain-coated.
Definición de trilby en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia