cardinal número (plural trillions or (with numeral or quantifying word) igual)
1A million million (1,000,000,000,000 or 1012).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Scientists tell us that just after the ‘big bang’ the temperature was 100 million trillion trillion degrees.
- There are now more than 200 million vehicles traveling 5 trillion miles per year in the United States alone.
- Estimates for the total cost of reunification range from hundreds of billion to a few trillion dollars.
1.1 (trillions) informal A very large number or amount: the yammering of trillions of voices
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All this ridiculous wealth: trillions and zillions of it in less than a cubic mile of the City.
- The amount is a joke compared to the trillions lost by investors and the billions in fees that the brokerages earned.
- You can't get a hundred per cent guarantees and you can't spend trillions of dollars trying to guard a single Qantas office.
1.2British dated A million million million (1,000,000,000,000,000,000 or 1018).
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Furthermore, the British trillion is a million times of its American counterpart!
- A British trillion used to be one million American trillions, but they are mostly the same now.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Once again, for the millionth and trillionth time (oh, trust me, I know), I am asking my lovely readers to become lovelier reviewers.
- Neko called Ruy's cell phone for the trillionth time and still nobody picked up.
Late 17th century: from French, from million, by substitution of the prefix tri- 'three' for the initial letters.
Palabras que riman con trillionbillion, jillion, million, bajillion, modillion, multibillion, multimillion, pillion, septillion, sextillion, squillion, zillion
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: tril|lion
Definición de trillion en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda