1The first or second stomach of a cow or other ruminant used as food.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In Watsonville they do great brain, tripe or tongue tacos.
- Andouillettes are a Normandy specialty made by filling pig intestine with more pig intestines and tripe, or cow's stomach lining.
- I never see any of the great meat delicacies around your shop… you know, brains, sweetbreads, kidneys, tripe, lamb tongue.
2 informal Nonsense; rubbish: you do talk tripe sometimes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Yes, but then how many people are really interested in the tripe and rubbish served up at 6.30 pm on the programme.
- There's a Minister for Global Health out there somewhere and it seems that if you write beyond your allocation of tripe and twaddle, he or she will take retribution.
- This tripe, trivia and tosh poisons British politics and belittles us all
Middle English: from Old French, of unknown origin.
Palabras que riman con tripegripe, hype, mistype, pipe, ripe, sipe, skype, slype, snipe, stripe, swipe, type, wipe
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: tripe
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda