Definición de triple jump en inglés:
1 (the triple jump) An athletic event in which competitors attempt to jump as far as possible by performing a hop, a step, and a jump from a running start: McDonald won the triple jump
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The star performer was Rachel who won the javelin, triple jump, high jump and 100m hurdles.
- In the long jump, triple jump and pole vault, horizontal velocity is crucial to performance, so head winds will reduce the size of the jump while tail winds will assist the jumper.
- Meanwhile, Tatyana added long jump gold to the triple jump title she won on Saturday.
2 Skating A jump in which the skater makes three full turns while in the air.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Though she rebounded to skate the rest of the program cleanly with three triple jumps and a double axel, her score of 55.6 put the girls team nearly a point behind.
- As millions watch, the figure skater misses the triple jump she had landed perfectly in practice just moments before.
- Proper down in the knees position must be achieved in order to do high level double and triple jumps or high level ice dancing.
verboVolver al principio
(triple-jump) [no object] (Of an athlete) perform a triple jump: (as noun triple-jumping) the history of British triple-jumping
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- He wasn't bad at track, either, competing in all sorts of events and once triple-jumping nearly 47 feet.
- This was the year that Edwards leapt not only to the top of the triple-jumping rankings, but also into the record books.
- She continued to have a great day full of great performances, as she triple jumped 30'11", a mere inch short of qualifying for divisionals.
triple jumper sustantivo
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- Long and triple jumpers cannot even practice their events during the indoor track season because we have no indoor facility aside from a track suitable for walking and jogging and a hole in the floor where the pole vault pit can be set up.
- Phil was also really good at athletics - one of the top 10 triple jumpers in the country - so when I arrived at school the disappointment of the teachers was palpable, because I was hopeless at sports.
- He is also an avid triple jumper in track and field.
Definición de triple jump en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en EE. UU.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
Muy popular en Malasia
Muy popular en Pakistán