Definición de tripod en inglés:
1A three-legged stand for supporting a camera or other apparatus.
- If you can, use a tripod or other camera support to achieve sharpness, pack filters for a gloomy day and experiment.
- So, I headed back to the house for my tripod, camera and zoom lens.
- Another great visual effect is to put the camera on the tripod and use a zoom lens.
2 archaic A stool, table, or cauldron resting on three legs.
- High tripod side tables are appropriate next to the sofa or love seat for country home decor.
- Attributions are based largely on four documented sets of Chippendale style chairs and a tripod table.
- The hall is lit by numerous great torch torches, towering over the tables on tripods.
2.1 historical The bronze altar at Delphi on which a priestess sat to utter oracles.
- The Pythia were priestesses of Apollo who would sit in a tripod or throne over a crevice in the earth.
- The legend of Heracles is also present at Delphi, when the great hero stole the "Tripod of the Oracle".
- After the victory over the Persians in 479 B. C. the Greeks offered this tripod at the oracle of Delphi, from where it was brought to Byzantium.
- Example sentences
- The tetrapodomorph scapulocoracoid is typically a relatively slight, tripodal structure on the inner surface of the cleithrum.
- This is one of three legs of the tripodal scapulocoracoid.
- The scapulocoracoid is still tripodal, but it is massive and the large foramina present in Eusthenopteron are almost closed.
Definición de tripod en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan