- The central panel of this intact triptych altarpiece depicts the Mystic Marriage of St Catherine, together with other saints, flanked by donors.
- This willful perversion of the prevailing practices of late medieval spiritual devotions is reinforced by Bosch's use of the very form traditionally devoted to altarpieces: the triptych.
- In the first version of the centre panel of the triptych, Bacon incorporated an unsettling, confrontational figure that peered back imperiously at the viewer through schematic binoculars.
- The Third Symphony from 1950 is a musical triptych on the Life of Christ.
- Maazel has previously written a pleasant violin concerto and an orchestral triptych.
- By no means am I insisting that these three paintings literally constitute a triptych, religious or otherwise.
Mid 18th century (denoting a set of three writing tablets hinged or tied together): from tri- 'three', on the pattern of diptych.
Palabras que riman con triptychapocalyptic, cryptic, diptych, elliptic, glyptic, styptic
For editors and proofreaders
Saltos de línea: trip|tych
Definición de triptych en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.