Definición de triterpene en inglés:
Any of a group of terpenes found in plant gums and resins, having unsaturated molecules based on a unit with the formula C30H48.
- The leaves of the plant contain alkaloids, glycosides, triterpenes, tannins, volatile bases and probably other substances.
- Cucurbitacins are oxygenated tetracyclic triterpenes that have been shown to have emetic, antineoplastic, and cytotoxic effects on herbivores, resulting in feeding and oviposition deterrence and reduced growth of consumers.
- Terpenoids are classified according to the number of isoprene units they contain: monoterpenes, sesquiterpenes, diterpenes, triterpenes, tetraterpenes and polyterpenes.
triterpenoid adjetivo& sustantivo
- Example sentences
- White, red, and tree peony contain glycosides (most notably paeoniflorin), flavonoids, proanthocyanidins, tannins, terpenoids, triterpenoids, and complex polysaccharides that may all contribute to its medicinal effects.
- Indeed, triterpenoid saponins with an acyl side chain have been shown to increase membrane permeability of endothelial cells, whereas those lacking the side chain did not.
- Structurally, avicins are part of a greater family of molecules called triterpenoid saponins.
Definición de triterpene en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in India
Most popular in Pakistan