Definición de triumvirate en inglés:
1.1A group of three powerful or notable people or things: a triumvirate of three executive vice presidents
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Finally, in the last few days, IBM, the father of PC technology, has added its corporate voice to those of this powerful triumvirate.
- He provided the balance within the ruling triumvirate, holding command over the 45,000-strong army.
- Under a ruling triumvirate, no one executive has clear control.
2The office of triumvir in ancient Rome.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- In 36, Octavian defeated Pompey's son Sextus Pompeius at Naulochus, and also ousted Lepidus from the triumvirate.
- Mark Antony has been spending his time in Egypt with his mistress, Cleopatra, and neglecting his duties as part of the triumvirate of Rome.
- In the wake of his death, three men moved forward to form a new triumvirate which would punish Caesar's assassins and then divide up the Roman world.
Palabras que riman con triumvirateduumvirate
Definición de triumvirate en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda