Definición de trochaic en inglés:
Consisting of or featuring trochees.
- Calendars begins with the cadenced trochaic tetrameter rhythms of ‘Landing Under Water, I See Roots’.
- The only notable exceptions are the trochaic tetrameters of ‘The Phoenix and Turtle’ and the iambic tetrameters of Sonnet 145.
- The auditory ease of the merry mockeries of maidens is abruptly undermined by the trochaic retarding of the ‘sharp voices’ insisting on ‘maiden labour.’
sustantivo(usually trochaics) Volver al principio
A type of verse that consists of or features trochees.
- His infantile trochaics addressed to children (‘Dimply damsel, sweetly smiling’, etc.) earned him the nickname of ‘Namby Pamby’, though Johnson described them as his pleasantest pieces.
- Trochaics have rarely been more amusingly used than in Lewis Carroll's 'Hiawatha's Photographing', in which Hiawatha is exasperatedly trying to take portraits of a very tiresome and camera-conscious Victorian family.
- The new metre is most likely to result from poems written in what are called trochaics, or two-syllabled feet stressed on the first syllable.
Definición de trochaic en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan