- 1 Anatomy Any of a number of bony protuberances by which muscles are attached to the upper part of the thigh bone.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Most weight-bearing locations were represented, including residual limbs, ischial tuberosities, trochanters, sacrum, and feet.
- The piriformis originates from the anterior surface of the sacrum and inserts into the upper part of the greater trochanter, passing out of the pelvis through the greater sciatic notch.
- The hip trochanters were at about the level of the iliac crest.
- 2 Entomology The small second segment of the leg of an insect, between the coxa and the femur.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- All coxae triangular, trochanter comprising a single podomere, legs similar, composed of seven podomcres.
- The legs of all insects are made up of the same basic parts - femur, trochanter, coxa, tibia and tarus, but they can differ considerably.
- Both types of arthropods employ two short basal segments, coxa and trochanter, although the trochanter and femur are fused in some insects.
early 17th century: from French, from Greek trokhantēr, from trekhein 'to run'.
Más definiciones de trochanterDefinición de trochanter en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.