- 1A large brass wind instrument with straight tubing in three sections, ending in a bell over the player’s left shoulder, different fundamental notes being made using a forward-pointing extendable slide.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The works required four trumpets, three trombones, one tuba, and several percussion instruments including bells & whistles!
- It's always performed by big bands, with trumpets, trombones and saxophones, sometimes with flutes, and always with Cuban percussion - the congas, bongos and timbales.
- The expanded orchestra, with added bass trumpet, contra bass trombone, special Wagner tubas and five harps which give this work its distinctive timbre, at turns scintillating and louring, played with admirable finesse.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Those who were on the salsa scene in the 1970s understand the importance of those now-forgotten trombonists as well as the treseros, congueros, bongoseros, and timbaleros.
- He had come through composition study with Stanford possessing a solid technique, further refined by practical experience as a professional orchestral trombonist.
- He has extensive performing experience as a trombonist with orchestra, in chamber music ensembles and as a soloist, as well as a choral vocalist and a conductor of contemporary music.
early 18th century: from French or Italian, from Italian tromba 'trumpet'.
Más definiciones de tromboneDefinición de trombone en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.