A tropical seabird with mainly white plumage and very long central tail feathers.
- Family Phaethontidae and genus Phaethon: three species
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- I am still amazed by the lifeless waters along the coast - no gulls, no terns, no frigatebirds or tropicbirds, no herons.
- Red-tailed tropicbirds used to be hunted for their extraordinary tail feathers, and off the majestic cliffs of Malabar we witnessed their extraordinary aerobatic displays against the vast backdrop of sea and sky.
- Vocalizations are variable with species, and range from the sharp piercing whistle of the tropicbirds to the guttural grunting of cormorants.
Definición de tropicbird en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.