A gregarious songbird of the American oriole family, typically having orange and black plumage and yellow eyes.
- Genus Icterus, family Icteridae: several species, in particular the tropical American Icterus icterus
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The eggs are incubated for 15 or 16 days and newly hatched troupials are fed equally by both parents.
- Above the sounds of the powerful wind, parakeets and troupials can be heard chattering, and the bleating of goats reverberates across rolling hills.
- You can see the troupials just about everywhere on the island.
early 19th century: from French troupiale, alteration of American Spanish turpial, of unknown origin.
Definición de troupial en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.