(also a pair of trousers)
Definición de trousers en inglés:
An outer garment covering the body from the waist to the ankles, with a separate part for each leg.
- But weeks later, a package arrived direct from the designer containing two pairs of trousers, two shirts, dress shoes, trainers and a belt.
- The ordinary clothing of Afghani men is a rather baggy pair of trousers with a draw-string at the waist, and a loose, long-sleeved shirt reaching about to the knees.
- Many men had suits made to measure with two pairs of trousers as the coats and waistcoats usually outlasted one pair of trousers.
wear the trousers
- informal Be the dominant partner in a relationship: there’s no doubt who’ll wear the trousers in that houseMás ejemplos en oraciones
- IT'S astonishing how many men like to pretend we wear the trousers in our relationships when, deep down, we know we don't.
- I wear the trousers in this relationship and I always will.
- Mia liked to wear the trousers in their relationship.
- Example sentences
- As one would expect from his earlier dramatic studies of Berlin and New York, his bumper book of Shanghai is neither the work of a ragged trousered philanthropist, nor easy reading for the rabid metropolitan booster.
- Robson indicates a trousered leg: ‘I've got terrific knees, ankles and hips - no arthritis.’
- He moved back close to me and started stroking my trousered thigh up and down, up and down, gently, absent-mindedly.