- 1British Staunchly loyal to the Conservative Party: even in true-blue East Hampshire Tory popularity is on the waneMás ejemplos en oraciones
- She was also a governor for no less than 14 schools and a true-blue Conservative who avoided wearing red at all costs.
- But earlier, divisions between the centrist and true-blue wings of the party were on show.
- Sure there was hardly a more loyalist, true-blue, Protestant street in the whole of Ulster.
- 1.1North American Extremely loyal or orthodox: I’m a dyed-in-the-wool, true-blue patriotMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Plus, people will wonder: If you aren't loyal to your own sis, what kind of a true-blue bud could you possibly be?
- If Missouri is the land of ‘devotion to individual liberty,’ then I fear the attorney general is not a true-blue son of his home state.
- Nearly everybody I count as a friend from the first few decades of my life is still true-blue.
- 2Real; genuine: the tournament was won by a team of true-blue amateursMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Indeed, she was a true-blue sportswoman, always participating in sports even outside of school, at private clubs.
- LIKE SOME true-blue classic songs, it's always the speeches of the great orators that we remember from time to time.
- Some of the best true-blue blossoms in the plant kingdom are found in this group.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- (true blue) British A staunchly loyal supporter of the Conservative Party.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- ‘It's heading in the right direction,’ was the rallying cry from the Tory campaign team but in this election it was the Liberal Democrats and not the true blues who were gaining from the anti-Labour swing.
- After experiencing more than a dozen campaigns the true blue told the Evening Press that the Prime Minister's party had his backing this time around.
- Glad you were in the front row - I'm sure you are a true blue.