- North according to the earth’s axis, not magnetic north: compass readings vary from 7.9° to 6.7° west of true northMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There had been hopes that the variation of the compass - the angle between the directions of magnetic north and true north - might do the trick, since it was known to vary with position on the earth.
- During his expeditions in the Americas and Europe, he recorded and reported on magnetic declination - the angle between magnetic north and true north at a particular location.
- The eastern side of the Great Pyramid, for example, points only three arcminutes away from a true north - south line, and other pyramids in the group are not much worse.
Más definiciones de true northDefinición de true north en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.