Definición de trustee en inglés:
1 Law An individual person or member of a board given control or powers of administration of property in trust with a legal obligation to administer it solely for the purposes specified: pension fund trustees
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Lawyers and trustees have statutory and other legal obligations but are still fiduciaries.
- This is certain to give the new board of trustees a legal edge over its competitors.
- All three schemes were regulated by trust deeds or rules which conferred on the trustees wide powers of investment.
2A state made responsible for the government of an area by the United Nations.
- They inherited Papua from Britain in 1906 and took New Guinea from Germany in World War I, administering it in recent years as a U.N. trustee.
- Cameroon was originally a UN Trustee Territory administered by France and the UK prior to its independence in 1960.
- Example sentences
- ‘But at least it would be possible to fundraise for its maintenance if it were held in trusteeship for the people,’ she said.
- We hope that the sentence will stand as a stark warning to anyone considering abusing the special responsibilities of charity trusteeship.
- The responsibilities are arduous and trusteeship is a high-risk position which, if not conducted competently, can carry four-figure fines or even a prison sentence.