sustantivo(usually tube feet) Zoology
- (In an echinoderm) each of a large number of small flexible hollow appendages protruding through the ambulacra, used either for locomotion or for collecting food and operated by hydraulic pressure within the water-vascular system.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Scanning electron microscopy revealed that the tube feet of Acodontaster conspicuus lacked suckers, with no distinct concavity in the center of the disc, as seen in a typical flat-tipped suckered tube foot.
- We demonstrate that there is considerable variation in tube-foot morphology among members of the Asteroidea including an entirely new type of flat-tipped, non-suckered tube foot in species belonging to the order Valvatida.
- Each tube foot is made of an ampulla, podium, and usually a sucker.
Más definiciones de tube footDefinición de tube foot en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.