- 1Resembling tuberculosis or its symptoms.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- There are many other conditions that are characterized histologically by a tuberculoid type of tissue reaction.
- In experimental studies, it has been observed that vaccination does not prevent infection but modifies the course of the disease and the pathology towards tuberculoid and regressive forms containing few bacteria.
- 1.1Relating to or denoting the milder of the two principal forms of leprosy, marked by few, well-defined lesions similar to those of tuberculosis, often with loss of feeling in the affected areas. Compare with lepromatous.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The differential diagnoses in this case are tuberculoid leprosy and rhinophyma.
- Borderline leprosy shows an intermediate appearance between the tuberculoid and lepromatous types.
- A typical treatment course for Hansen's disease involves multiple drug therapy with dapsone and rifampin for three to five years in patients with tuberculoid leprosy, and for life in patients with lepromatous leprosy.
Más definiciones de tuberculoidDefinición de tuberculoid en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.