- 1A contest in which two teams pull at opposite ends of a rope until one drags the other over a central line.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Choose from billiards, horseshoes, tag games, hockey, Frisbee, tug of war, jump ropes, running, or bowling, just to name a few.
- The blue team dominated the day-long event winning in six disciplines, soccer, pool, table tennis, tug of war and volleyball while their rivals won chess, draughts and rugby.
- There are several teams lined up for the tug of war but more are welcome to come and test their strength against the champions.
- 1.1A situation in which two evenly matched people or factions are striving to keep or obtain the same thing: a tug of war between builders and environmentalistsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- There's long been a tug of war over the control of computing assets in big companies.
- We can expect a protracted tug of war, which may drag on until the review deadline draws near.
- The major powers are engaged in a tug of war over interests in the region.
Más definiciones de tug of warDefinición de tug of war en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.