- 1An Australian tree of rainforest and scrub, with heavy black and yellow timber that is used mainly for cabinetmaking.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Harpullia pendula, family Sapindaceae
- The flowers of tulipwood are greenish/yellow with five petals, and arranged in panicles emerging from the leaf axils.
- There are other, unrelated species which are also called tulipwood.
- There also exists the Australian "tulipwood", the common name of Harpullia pendula, among others.
- 2 [mass noun] The pale timber of the tulip tree.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Both are easily confused with rosewood, particularly as tulipwood is also known as bois de rose in France.
- This box features eight book-matched pieces of Brazilian tulipwood, the lightest hued of the true rosewoods, in a beveled field of wenge, with holly.
- All different types of woods were used to make up this complicated pattern: rosewood, walnut, mahogany, satinwood, ebony, boxwood, burr walnut, elm and tulipwoods to name a few!
Más definiciones de tulipwoodDefinición de tulipwood en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.