- 1An act of tuning something up: take your car in for a tune-up if it’s an older modelMás ejemplos en oraciones
- The engine just needed a good tune-up.
- She prepared me like I was going to war: new tires all around for the jeep, a tune-up, chains, jumper cables, and a box packed with warm clothes and flares, in case of an emergency.
- They never need oil changes, air filters, tune-ups, mufflers, timing belts, or emission tests.
- 1.1chiefly US A sporting event that serves as a practice for a subsequent event: a tune-up for the college’s fall leagueMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Campbell billed the event as a good tune-up for the postseason.
- Coming into the final Grand Slam of a dismal season, Sampras had been knocked out early in a tune-up event, but refused to hang his head.
- The Aussie will put away his grass court shoes for another season, having lifted titles here and at the classic tune-up event at Queen's Club last month.