A marine invertebrate of a group which includes the sea squirts and salps. They have a rubbery or hard outer coat and two siphons to draw water into and out of the body.
- Subphylum Urochordata: three classes
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The hull here is rich in marine life - hydroids, tunicates, anemones and sponges.
- Sea squirts are tunicates, a type of sea life with a primitive spinal cord and a firm, flexible outer covering called a ‘tunic,’ from which the name derives.
- Many tunicates have a larva that is free-swimming and exhibits all chordate characteristics: it has a notochord, a dorsal nerve cord, pharyngeal slits, and a post-anal tail.
adjetivo(also tunicated) Botany Volver al principio
mid 18th century: from Latin tunicatus, past participle of tunicare 'clothe with a tunic', from tunica (see tunica).
Definición de tunicate en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.