sustantivo (plural turacos)
- A fruit-eating African bird with brightly coloured plumage, a prominent crest, and a long tail. Also called loerie or lourie in South Africa.
Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Family Musophagidae (the turaco family): three genera, especially Musophaga and Tauraco, and several species. The turaco family also includes the go-away birds and plantain-eaters
- The number of extra steps required to unite hoatzin with turacos or cuckoos is large.
- The only animals to be found here are blue and Colobus monkeys and a variety of birds including hornbill and turaco.
- The turaco was found to differentiate among the calls of predators and those of competitors.
mid 18th century: from French touraco, from a West African word.
Más definiciones de turacoDefinición de turaco en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.