Definición de turban en inglés:
- It is difficult for us to see any reason why a Jew may not wear his yarmulke in court or a Sikh his turban.
- Gone are cotton loincloths and turbans in favor of microfiber stretch workout togs that wick perspiration away from the body.
- Shan men and women often wear large turbans wrapped from long lengths of cotton or bright terrycloth towels.
- She left her daughters to find their own delights and sat down with Lady Lucas, observing that Mrs. Long's feathered turban was not at all the thing.
- Massive ostrich feathers dyed in rainbow colours were perched atop pill boxes and turbans.
- New dresses, striped dressing gowns, bangles, faux fur, jewelled turbans and Egyptian cotton pillow cases and sheets are among the in-demand items.
- Family Turbinidae, class Gastropoda: Turbo and other genera
- Organ pipe coral is removed for its medicinal value, while the top shell and turban shell go to make buttons.
- In 1954, Yawata and 10 other fishermen in Kumi went to the islands on board a ship surrounded by five Japanese patrol boats, landed on the islands, and caught turban and ear shells.
The words turban and tulip are from the same source. Turkish people compared the flower of the tulip to the shape of the turban and gave the plant the same name, tūlbend, which they took from Persian dulband. The tulip made a spectacular impression, and cost a spectacular amount of money when it came from Turkey into western Europe in the 16th century. At first forms such as tulipan and tulban existed alongside turban as the name of the headdress, whereas the name of the flower always appeared in the -l- form, and eventually monopolized that spelling.
- bearded and turbaned SikhsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- For barefoot boys as young as four in tatty shirts, to turbaned men in their sixties, football is a passion.
- There were Berber men with daggers and turbaned heads, and women with colourful headscarves.
- So many turbaned and veiled well wishers, all agreed she'd made a fine catch.
Palabras que riman con turbanDurban, exurban, suburban, urban
Definición de turban en:
- Diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.