- A machine for producing continuous power in which a wheel or rotor, typically fitted with vanes, is made to revolve by a fast-moving flow of water, steam, gas, air, or other fluid.Más ejemplos en oraciones
- The machine uses wind power to drive a turbine that sucks water out of the sea, sprays it into the atmosphere and creates clouds.
- Water power will again turn the mill wheel and drive the turbine to provide electricity to light the building.
- They can be cut and burnt to produce steam to power turbines.
mid 19th century: from French, from Latin turbo, turbin- 'spinning top, whirl'.
Más definiciones de turbineDefinición de turbine en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.