(also turf battle)
- An acrimonious dispute between rival groups over territory or a particular sphere of influence: in New Jersey, a turf war between attorneys and brokers has simmered for more than twenty yearsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- His good friend C Jay was gunned down here last July in a turf war between rival gangs after walking his girlfriend home late one night.
- It's a ridiculous caper about the ongoing turf war between rival gangs of housewives who are out for blood, as long as the carpets have been Scotch-Guarded.
- Detectives believe the four were the victims of a deadly turf war between two rival gangs who opened fire at the back of the salon.
Más definiciones de turf warDefinición de turf war en:
- el diccionario Inglés de EE.UU.