sustantivo[mass noun] informal
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Almost complete, Honister dominates a studio where massive brushes await the maestro's stroke and heavy smells of linseed oil and turps fill the still hot afternoon air.
- Her eyes challenged me, potent, like a peregrine falcon's, but the beguiling scent of turps and linseed oil drew me to her canvas.
- The night Vine painted her now infamous Diana painting, the air was thick with the smell of turps, linseed oil and paint.
on the turps
- Australian /NZ informal Drinking alcohol, especially in large quantities: I can go to the pub and get on the turpsMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Can you imagine anything better than a hot roast pork sandwich after a night on the turps?
- Only a tiny minority of this group are daring enough to even contemplate another punishing night on the turps.
- It only seems like yesterday he was throwing up in the back garden after a heavy night on the turps.
Early 19th century: abbreviation.
Definición de turps en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda