A small area of grass that is thicker or longer than the grass growing around it.
Oraciones de ejemplo
- Between the tussocks of grass grew purple heather and tufted bog cotton, which were used in the old days for pillows and mattresses.
- He hid inside a tussock of oat grass and watched as the fine thatched house rose up beside the water-hole.
- Larks that live in desert areas will stand in the shade of grass tussocks during the hottest parts of the day.
- Oraciones de ejemplo
- The path leads through open zones of tussocky grasses, silver birches, and woods, honeysuckle swarms up the pines.
- Allow natural colonization or seed tussocky grasses such as cocksfoot and Yorkshire fog.
- Swamp foxtail, a coarse tussocky native grass with a seed head similar to buffel grass, is the native host of this insect pest.
Mid 16th century: perhaps an alteration of dialect tusk 'tuft', of unknown origin.
Definición de tussock en:
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Los comentarios que no respeten nuestras Normas comunitarias podrían ser moderados o eliminados.
Muy popular en Reino Unido
Muy popular en Australia
= de moda