- 1 [with object] Twist or pull (something) sharply: he tweaked the boy’s earMás ejemplos en oraciones
- When another had objected he had tweaked the boy's nose.
- He's had the flu, he tweaked a groin and he pulled a hamstring 10 days ago.
- Downes was due to be included in the senior squad to face Boston United at Bootham Crescent today but tweaked his medial knee ligaments in training yesterday.
- 2 [with object] • informal Improve (a mechanism or system) by making fine adjustments to it: engineers tweak the car’s operating systems during the raceMás ejemplos en oraciones
- He should push harder on some innovative ways to tweak the welfare system.
- Before next season, the league needs to tweak the playoff system and introduce a refined seeding approach.
- After several weeks of tuning and tweaking the system, he achieved the results he wanted.
- 3US • informal Become or cause to become agitated or excited, typically from taking amphetamines or another stimulant: [no object]: I just about went crazy yesterday—I was totally tweaking out [with object]: caffeine is a natural mood elevator but if you’re stressed to begin with it can kind of tweak you outMás ejemplos en oraciones
- I was always tweaked and I looked like a fall-down drunk.
- We were tweaking hard all night every night.
- We were smoking weed in our circle when the guy who looked like he was tweaked out of his mind comes stumbling though us.
sustantivoVolver al principio
- 1A sharp twist or pull: an affectionate tweakMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Once there he would preen himself and settle down quite quietly, giving my hair an affectionate tweak from time to time.
- Lynn, aged 45, of Blackstone Edge, is chief physiotherapist for the UK team and will have overall responsibility for looking after the tweaks and twinges of hundreds of competitors.
- I gave Michael's ear an affectionate last tweak before releasing it.
- 2 • informal A fine adjustment to a mechanism or system: no tweaks were requiredMás ejemplos en oraciones
- Here there is little or no help, but a small tweak to the taxation system could make an enormous difference to stay-at-home mothers.
- But along the way, those of you familiar with the series will notice a few subtle, incredibly effective tweaks and adjustments that will alter the whole way you think about real time strategy gaming.
- The concept of comparing two players in a variety of categories will remain the same, but I'm unveiling a few tweaks to the scoring system.
- Más ejemplos en oraciones
- Well, follow the link to find out what the tweakers thought.
- This should be more than enough voltage adjustment for your avid tweaker.
- Given the band's highly minimalist style, the tweakers are forced to use the subtlety and restraint usually missing from remixes, tastefully embellishing the songs without being overly distracting.
early 17th century: probably an alteration of dialect twick 'pull sharply'; related to twitch.