Definición de twelve-step en inglés:
Denoting or relating to a process of recovery from an addiction by following a twelve-stage programme, especially one devised or similar to that devised by Alcoholics Anonymous.
- Through AA and its allies, both the concept of addiction and AA's twelve-step method became widely accepted modes of defining and treating personal problems.
- The third article presents a twelve-step approach to alcohol problems.
- Perhaps this twelve-step approach has helped some people suffering from sexual addiction.
verbo[no object] (often as noun twelve-stepping) Volver al principio
Undergo a twelve-step programme.
- My brother (several months sober at the time) had twelve-stepped me into Al-Anon a few years earlier.
- But you're right, something about twelve-stepping doesn't sit well with me, so I'm looking for a better path.
- Beer: it's a national pastime, a vice, a Saturday night solace, a problem to be twelve-stepped over and now, it's a newsgroup.
- Example sentences
- Several of them were either alcoholics or proselytizing twelve-steppers.
- While I was in L.A., I saw a friend of mine who's a professional twelve-stepper.
Definición de twelve-step en:
- Inglés de EE.UU. dictionary
¿Qué te llama la atención de esta palabra o frase?
Comments that don't adhere to our Community Guidelines may be moderated or removed.
Most popular in the US
Most popular in the UK
Most popular in Canada
Most popular in Australia
Most popular in Spain
Most popular in Malaysia
Most popular in Pakistan